Careers at The ACT Group
Job posted on: 04 November, 2019.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
Develop specialist clinical skills in trauma informed care
Full time and part time positions available
Work alongside a passionate and supportive team
Central Canberra CBD location
Due to an increase in demand, there are some exciting opportunities to join the Australian Childhood Trauma Group as a Mental Health Clinician at our Canberra based office. We are looking for experienced clinicians from psychology, social work or relevant backgrounds to join our passionate and skilled team of clinicians. As a member of the clinical team, you will have the opportunity to contribute your skills and experience, working in a relatively small team, engaging with clients in both outreach and clinic-based settings, delivering a range of trauma-informed clinical services, including assessment, therapeutic support and intervention, case consultation and training.
You will be a skilled clinician with experience working within the field of mental health and trauma informed care, with a thorough understanding and keen interest in working in a systemic approach with children, young people, their families and support networks. This is a fantastic career opportunity for a compassionate, self-motivated individual looking to gain experience in this specialised field, consolidate their skills amongst a dynamic team and make a difference in peoples’ lives.
Working with the ACT Group:
- Opportunity to develop specialist clinical skills in trauma informed care
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Supportive team environment with a strong focus on building positive team culture
- Opportunity to take a holistic approach to care and do broader systems work
- Opportunity to engage with children, young people and their families and provide intervention in creative and collaborative ways
- A dynamic remuneration package dependent on skills and experience. This includes a competitive salary, superannuation, additional leave benefits on top of annual leave (up to 3 additional weeks a year), ongoing professional development, and internal supervision opportunities
A full Position Description can be downloaded here.