Due to an increase in referrals, ACT Group currently has a waitlist for all Medicare Referrals in place. We would like to advise that movement on this waitlist will be extremely limited until May 2023. Upon this time we will provide further contact to those on this list and advise of expected time frame on service.
We apologise if this is disappointing to you or your family. Below s a list of numerous specialised mental health helplines and online resources, to help you get through what is undoubtedly a difficult time. Talking to someone who understands your situation is usually the best place to start and you can get help today by talking to one of the following support services:
- SANE Australia Helpline – call 1800 18 7263 for information about mental illness, treatments and support for you and your carer.
- Mensline Australia – call 1300 78 99 78 for telephone support, information and referrals for men dealing with relationship issues, or visit their website.
- Beyondblue – call 1300 22 4636 for telephone support, information and resources for people dealing with depression or anxiety, or visit their website.
- Carers Australia – call 1800 422 737 to find out about short-term counselling and support services for carers and their families in Victoria.
- MindSpot Clinic – call 1800 61 44 34 for a free assessment and treatment service for Australian adults with anxiety or depression.
- Support after Suicide – visit their website for resources, information, counselling and group support for people dealing with suicide.
- Black Dog Institute – visit their website for information on symptoms, treatment and prevention of bipolar disorder and depression.
- Head to Health – access mental health care services, resources and online programs.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – Call 1800 799 SAFE (7233) to talk to experienced family violence counsellors, 24 hours a day.
- Relationships Australia – call 1300 364 277 or visit the website for relationship support for individuals and families.
- Direct Line – call 1800 888 236 for Confidential alcohol and drug counselling and referral.
- Open Arms – an online suite of self help mental health tools by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Headspace, which is run by the National Youth Mental Health Foundation, offers support, information and advice to young people between the ages of 12 to 25. Visit the Headspace website to find a centre near you.
- If you are living with, or caring for a family member with a mental illness, call Young Carers on 1800 242 636 or visit the website for information and support.
In addition, you can reach out to the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) – Register of psychotherapists and counsellors, call (03) 9486 3077 and seek guidance for a registered practitioner near you.
If you or someone you are with is in immediate danger, then please always call 000 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department.